Magelis xbtgt7340 repurpose connection help needed

tampico

I just sourced a magelis xbtgt7340. I had hopes to connect it to my home network. No plcs involved, just thought maybe i could find some help here. I dont have the Vijeo software. Just the panel and a 24v PS. Any ideas to make it work? opinions about selling it and buying something easier to deal with?

What do you plan to do with it? Give us some clues and we might be able to help...

As is, it's basically a "window into a plc" It has no smarts, no control capabilities of its own.

Looking to just use it as a second monitor. I have a whole house server to store itunes downloads in basement and thought maybe this could be used as a second monitor to the server in the basement.

with the distance a ip connection would be ideal.

Hope I expressed my want for this appliance.

It is basically a dedicated-purpose hmi. I don't know of any way to use it as a "computer monitor"

I think that model has a browser capability, so it could display info from a web server
But you will need the software to configure the unit and build the browser page

You can load adobe, internet explorer and some other common windows apps. Also its not just a "window into a plc". You do have 2 or 3 outputs at the back of the module which you can program aswell. The latest modules have an option to plug in twido I/O cards and program logic to do control with them(though I think that it is different modules). You can also hook-up cameras to the unit and display on screen. You can play wav files, display bmp,jpeg etc also play avi files
All said you must have the vijeo designer software to use any of these functions.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the help. Seems I may just be best off selling it on ebay. Seems the real issue is the lack of Vijeo Designer.

It is a really nice rugged looking unit. Would look great in my gameroom wall, but selling this on ebay and buying something more plug and play for me is in order.

It is basically a dedicated-purpose hmi. I don't know of any way to use it as a "computer monitor"
Very true.

A better description may be that an industrial HMI, is a dedicated computer running a proprietary OS.

It is not a computer monitor any more than a 'smart phone' is.

Thanks all for the help. Seems I may just be best off selling it on ebay. Seems the real issue is the lack of Vijeo Designer.

It is a really nice rugged looking unit. Would look great in my gameroom wall, but selling this on ebay and buying something more plug and play for me is in order.

I just purchased a copy of Vijeo Designer and it was about $600 USD plus or minus. that may help you with your decision.