Schneider Magelis / Vijeo Designer

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
Any regular users of the magelis range?

If so, anyone have a slick way to do a common popup with a rockwell UDT?
My current approach is to just have an array of type motor, then set the index when the popup is called.

I know this will method work, just wondering if there a way to use the actual tag.?

Cheers
LC

You can add script, read all bits from your UDT to sript, then call this if your call bit is on for popup.

boolean PopupWindowName.show(boolean Status);

Thanks,
Not sure if that exactly what I was after

I have some tags of datatype Motor (M1, M2, M3 etc ) with attributes Auto/Manual/Running etc

Then I have a string called Mx. If I set Mx to M1/M2/M3 etc, can I animate/read/write based on Mx.Running / Mx.Auto?

It should be possible with reference variables.

You first make common variables like Auto, Manual, Running.

On these variables select on variable editor, Select reference,
To reference String Write
M%d.Auto
M%d.Manual
M%d.Running

To parameter1 select variable Motor_number (Uint)

Then you need make to variable editor for communication.

Motor_number

M1.Auto
M1.Manual
M1.Running

M2.Auto
M2.Manual
M2.Running

M3.Auto
M3.Manual
M3.Running

Now if you change Motor number (from HMI panel or via PLC) referencing variables points to M1..M3 depending if value is 1,2 or 3.

To pop up you select common variables Auto, Manual, Running for dynamizing objects.

But with this way you can only show one popup at time.

Last edited: