Final Assignment Ideas

kevilay

Not sure if this is an acceptable post but here it goes. For my final year in college and I have to use what I know in school and develop a project to demonstrate my abilities. My main part of my program is PLC's and Electronics, im also familiar with pneumatics and hydraulics, I prefer to stay away from hydraulics tho. Also I'm very mechanically inclined as I have worked in tool and die for 6 years and have access to all kinds of machinery. Im just looking for some ideas that some of you smart guys might have. Im not asking for programs, schematics or anything just ideas. Here are some ideas ive been tossing around. ex1. Small conveyor to sort out different length of steel dowels using proxies or maybe optical sensors and pneumatics to sort them. ex2. A pop can shredder and compactor. ex3 a rockband automation system... reads notes on screen and uses pneumatics to play the guitar. So far Im learning towards the rockband one because Its something fun to do. Also I own my own micrologix plc so i was just going to use a basic circuit driven by a ldr detecting the difference in light. Any one have any other ideas, im look at spending up to 300$ on a project. I prefer to use a plc. I also play guitar and keyboard if you could think of something that might involve then. In the end Im just looking for some cool ideas that you guys might think would demonstrate my abilities well.

Thanks,
Kevin