Radix conversion AB SL/C 500 ....?

MMM2003

[FONT=&quot]HELP, please! Novice user here. Applied for a manufacturing position and as part of the interview I have to demonstrate the following:

Demonstrate and explain on a SL/C 500 - Radix conversion, specifically binary to hexadecimal and binary to decimal conversion

I'm pretty strong with robotics, CAD/CAM, computers and manufacturing skills, but PLC programming is not my strength. I took some of the basic online lessons provide here. Great stuff! Thank you!

Now back to the above. I'm just trying to get as good of an understanding as possible. Any guidance, explanation, or pointing to available resource would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Peter aka MMM2003
[/FONT]

http://www.plcs.net/chapters/number23.htm

Changing the Radix in Rslogix500 is for human viewing only it doesn't change anything in the PLC.

Radix

Structured is the default selection. A structured radix presents the status information in a tabbed fashion. You can also select from Binary, Octal, Decimal, Hex/BCD, or ASCII. Any of these latter selections will display all status information in grid fashion. (If you select other than structured, see Data File dialog.)

Rockwell Software Inc., 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000

radix.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks! This is great. The conversion makes sense. I'm vary familiar with the binary system. The conversion to decimal and hexadecimal makes sense based on your examples.

Now, one question, where does the term: RADIX com from?

Thanks,

Peter aka MMM2003