Importing Data from CLX To Excel

kf5pv

Is there an easy way to import data from a Control logix to Excel 2007 without using RS linx? I used to do this with some PLC 5's over the office network and bridged to the plc network. It was an older version of Excel I was using but Im not understanding how I can do this in Excel 2007 without running RS Linx on the computers I am wanting to use the spreadsheet on. Im not a real big clx user or intergrator so I hate to ask these questions.
Thanks for any suggestions.

In God we trust. All others must bring data.

Last edited:
You will need Linx. I would be surprised if you could ever have extracted data from an Allen Bradley PLC without Linx. Unless of course you wrote a driver to communicate with the PLC5.

Last edited:
I agree. I got a CLX talking with an excel spreadsheet through Linx right now. I also have a PLC 5 talking to VB5 and a SLC 5/04 talking to VB6. One of those don't use Linx at all, but a program called ABDF1 Parijat.

Not to be nosy but if your looking at doing VB code in the excel environment, keep looking, nothing but trouble. Go with SQL Server.

You will need Linx. I would be surprised if you could ever have extracted data from an Allen Bradley PLC without Linx. Unless of course you wrote a driver to communicate with the PLC5.

Yes I did do this before. Excel actually recognized the processor and ask me what interger files I wanted to export from. i think I just used a web quary and put in the path with the IP adresses.