Connect S7-PLCSIM with Beijer OPC Server using NetToPLCSim

sivkat

Hi!
I have tried to establish a connection between S7-PLCSIM and Beijer OPC Server using NetToPLCSIM, all of these are installed on the same computer.

In the NetToPLCSim window it says: PLCSim: Connected. Client: Disconnected. How can I find the client? In Beijer OPC I have created a controller (S7 ISO over TCP/IP) and entered the IP-address of my computer, but it doesn't seem to work.

What have I done wrong?

Regards
Sivkats

Hi,
the OPC-Server connects to your PLC (or Nettoplcsim) only when a client is connected.
So use an OPC test client or start your client software.
Your settings of the IP address are OK.

To do a simple test, add an item to your OPC server (e.g. MW0) and then select "Write Tag Value" in the context menu of this item. Then the server should connect without a client.

Thomas