How to Connect OPC to S7-PLCSIM

Manglemender

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can get on OPC server (Kepware) to speak to the S7 PLC simulator?

I use the simulator regularly with WinCC and WinCCFlexible for testing as they can be set to use the S7-Online connection point; but my colleague would like to simulate his project for testing rather that use the real hardware.

All advice and suggestions gratefully recieved.

Nick

That is simply not possible.
S7 PLCSIM only works with the S7ONLINE access point used by "standard" Siemens applications such as STEP7, Protool, WinCC Flex and WinCC.

You can setup a PC Station with WinLC (the softplc).
This will cost you a WinLC license of course.