8 AWG wire into a 10 AWG Phoenix connector?

paulcs

The Phoenix terminal blocks are in place, and they accept a 10 AWG wire. Now, the customer wants to connect some 8 AWG wires (mechanical reasons elsewhere, not electrical reasons). Does someone make a crimp on connector that accepts a 8AWG wire and provides a post that fits into a 10 AWG hole? Amp/Tyco used to, but don't any more.

Other suggestions? They did not like: "snip off a few strands". Butt-splicing a 10 AWG wire does not look/act like a professional answer.

I would not like "snip off a few strands" either. How many terminals are we talking about ?

The solution is simple: the customer changed something, so change the terminals and charge them.

I beleive this will violate the code.

Few years from now no one will rememebr this, but someone can see 8 AWG wire and use it for higher currents - terminal will fail (or cause fire) - who will be responsible? - you.

If they want to replace wire, they need to pay to replace terminal blocks.

Hopefully whoever made the panel left room on the rail for larger terminal blocks.
It drives me nuts when the panel fabricator cuts the rail off just long enough for the amount of terminals shown on the drawing. I always insist on full width rails no matter if there are 10 terminals or 100
Roy