German made 4 wire analog pressure transmitter 0-10v

JoeM61

Does anyone have experience wiring this type of analog pressure transmitter up? It's 4 wires. 3 blacks and 1 green which I assume is earth ground.
I'm assuming 2 of the wires would be for 24v power and 2 to the plc but not sure which is which and they are all 3 black wires. pics attached

Attachments

• analog press 4 wire.jpg
    analog press 4 wire.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 37
Is that the original cable that came with it? It looks like a standard 4 wire (including ground) tray cable of sorts. If you strip the outer sheath back a bit there should be numbers, like 1,2 and 3 on the black wires. I can't really make out what it is. Maybe look it up on the manufactures web site.

Never assume anything green from Germany is a ground. I have one blown up German flow meter in my pistol notch. The manual said it was ground, the pre-made cable with the green wire was marked ground. In reality it was 0VDC. Hook that up on an un-bonded 24VDC power supply.

To be fair, the 24VDC power supply was supposed to have 0VDC bonded to ground, as I specified. But, the panel builder missed that one. Poof!

Last edited:
1. Is this cable cutted off the connector?
2. Have you tried cutting the cable wider and looking for numbers on the black wires?
3. Is the "green" wire really green or green-yellow?

Max, it does look like a green/yellow wire.
As I stated above, it looks like a common multiconductor cable that someone may have adapted to this sensor.
If that is the case, it is really no use trying to decipher what the wires are, unless you get documentation on the sensor itself. Then you can trace it back and put proper labels on the wires.

Based on the available images, googling took a couple of minutes.

Does the OP have any professional pride?
Isn't it obvious that this is a cable cutted?
Is OP googlebanned?
I would be very ashamed ("German made..." oh my... "green wire"... bloody tears)

Attachments

• 40101000T10Z001K000.pdf
    284.1 KB · Views: 22
The cable is a standard 3 core + earth "Y-Y" cable (search LAPP cables), the sensor is a type 4341 from JUMO.
General PDF
the link doesn't appear to work, just google jumo typ 4341

Steve

Never assume anything green from Germany is a ground. I have one blown up German flow meter in my pistol notch. The manual said it was ground, the pre-made cable with the green wire was marked ground. In reality it was 0VDC. Hook that up on an un-bonded 24VDC power supply.
Slight difference in naming terminology there, GND would be the DC common. PE would be the earth, or ground. It's usually not green though because it can cause this exact issue!

Is OP googlebanned?
I would be very ashamed ("German made..." oh my... "green wire"... bloody tears)
Oh dear! :LOL:

I'm reading that as:
24v: White or pin 1
0v: Brown or pin 2
10v/analog out: Green or pin 3
PE: any available 4th pin

@OP show us the other side of the instrument where the cable is connected.

Is that the original cable that came with it? It looks like a standard 4 wire (including ground) tray cable of sorts. If you strip the outer sheath back a bit there should be numbers, like 1,2 and 3 on the black wires. I can't really make out what it is. Maybe look it up on the manufactures web site.

To be fair, the 24VDC power supply was supposed to have 0VDC bonded to ground, as I specified. But, the panel builder missed that one. Poof!
thanks! I stripped the cables back and they are indeed numbered #1 #2 and #3. The green wire is actually green and yellow striped.
I bought these used off ebay and they came cut off at the ends. The plan is to try to build a simulator which I can then move on to PID at some point.

1. Is this cable cutted off the connector?
2. Have you tried cutting the cable wider and looking for numbers on the black wires?
3. Is the "green" wire really green or green-yellow?
Thanks! It was cut and it is a spade connector. I do now see the numbered wires 1,2 and 3. The green is green and yellow striped.

Is OP googlebanned?

Is OP googlebanned?
I bought 4 of these cheap off Ebay Obviously they were cut off at the ends. I did google a bunch of Jumo documents but the one you offered is the best one I can work from. I'm using this to build a simulator to test analog and hopefully eventually PID if I can find a pair of cheap VFD's.
Thanks for your help!