exchange between S7-300 and LENZE

Hello guys many thanks for your answers about all of my previous questions.
Iam good at siemens S7-300 but not profissional I learned wincc and protool.

I know that data exchange between PLC and HMI is done by tags
and you can establish communication link betwwen both of them from HMI settings by MPI or Profibus.

Now I want to learn about drives and how can I setup the profibus link between PLC and motor drives(LENZE)?

is that from simatic manger or from drive software?

if is it from drive software what is this software called?

and is it has simulation software like PLCSIM or Protool/proRT?

How does data exchange between PLC and the drive is it by somthing like tags in wincc and protool?

Hi Moustafa.

If by "drive software" you mean DRIVE ES, then no, that is for Siemens drives only.

I dont know Lenze, but almost 100% sure, the data will be exchanged between the S7 CPU as DP master, and the Lenze drive as DP slave.
You need to setup the Lenze drive as a DP slave in the HW Config of the S7 CPU. You need a socalled GSD file for the drive which you must obtain from Lenze. In STEP7 HW Config, you then use the function Options .. Install GSD file. When done, the Lenze drive can be found somewhere in the HW Catalog under Additional Field devices.

thanks JesperMP but i want to know how does data exchange between DP-master and DP-slave? for example if i declare db1.dbd2 to control speed of motor how can i transfer the value of db1.dbd2 to the drive ?

I assume that you use an integral DP port on the S7 CPU. In that case you must use SFC14 DPRD_DAT and SFC15 DPWR_DAT. Most drives demand that the data is "consistent", so it is normally not enough to use Load and Transfer instructions.
In other words,
Use DPRD_DAT to read from the drive.
Code your logic to start/stop, set the speed etc.
Use DPWR_DAT to write to the drive.

Hi Moustafa,

If you go to the lenze side, there is a download of S7 programming for the Profibus communication with explanation. I did it for the 9300 serie. maybe you should check it out. What drive are you using anyway? Lenze has got quite a range!

Regards,

Blabla