Pv 600

deadbeds

I purchased two used 2711-K6C1 PV600, I want to use them with a 5/02 processor and a 1747-SN remote scanner. The PV's comms are set to Rack 6, Size 1/2, Group 4,5 and Group 0,1, Pass Thru- yes and End of Chassie - yes. I can't get the scanner to talk to the PV's. The scanner card only shows going to rack #3 in the G code setup. Is there a way to reset the PV's comms. The book said they are set on the initial setup. Or am I just missing something stupid.

With software, Panelbuilder32 go to the communication setup. See picture below.
Or use the PV's configuration screen, see PDF below.
Rack 3 is the limit with your hardware.

CommConfig.jpg

Attachments

• Commsetup.pdf
    70.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I cannot get the 1747-sn to talk to the PV 600, is this because my hardware will only go to rack 3 and the PV is currently set to rack 6? I also tried to download the new settings via DF1, can see the PV but the download said it is not an RIO scanner device. Any help would be good, gettin ready to scrap the project, not a very calm person at this point.

Post your .PBA (the revised one) file and some one can take a look.
Zip it first then post. Also your SLC program.
Check wiring. Check dip switch settings for baud rate in the scanner module.
On a personnel note I would NEVER use a RIO panelview ( PITA).
If you are stuck with a SLC5/02 then get a PV with DH485 protocol much,much easier. Also I have never used the exact hardware you have, so after posting the above info hopefully someone can jump in and offer some expert help.

Last edited:
Here we go, I didn't think this project would be that rough. Here are my files that I am trying to work with. I am open to ideas at this point.🔨

I'm unable to open your .PBA file? Also your .RSS file has nothing in it to communicate with RIO. Not even a scanner configured. It also shows a SLC5/05, you said in your original post it was a SLC5/02.

See maunals below

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1747-um011_-en-p.pdf

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1747-um013_-en-p.pdf

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711-um014_-en-p.pdf

I agree that if both of your PanelView terminals used DH485 protocol this would be far easier.

A RIO PanelView terminal with a 1747-SN and an SLC-5/02 is difficult to use but not impossible.

First, verify that your 1747-SN is a Series B unit, because we need to use Block Transfers to get enough data across the link for your ten numeric entries.

Next, configure the PanelView in PanelBuilder32 as Rack 00, because the 1747-SN will only scan racks 00, 01, 02, 03.

I'm going to have to pull out some old references to give you a Block Transfer subroutine for the 5/02. The old method of M-file block shuffling was replaced by the infinitely easier BTR and BTW instructions several years ago, but not in the ancient 5/02 controller.

I once had to connect to a Toledo scale that was supposed to be 1/2 rack. I couldn't get it to communicate until I set it for a full rack. Not sure why.
Roy