Rsview 32 works

stu

Hi i have a question in tag database how can i change the address of each tag name eg, i have two projects which are the same but one is line 1 and the other is line 2 which is going to be put on a spare hmi screen( so if either line fails this screen can be fitted?) i have been told to change the address [tortilla_line_1] to [tortilla_line_2] on all the tags is there an easyer way. thanks stu

STU are the tags pointing to the same processors? WE have 3 systems that look identica. WE just point them to the correct processor.

We have a bunch of machines that are the same. We define the OPC server on each machine as ThisMachine and tags are [ThisMachine]PLCTagname. Then all that needs to be changed is which PLC the OPC server points to, which is done in RSLinx.

If you absolutely have to use Line_1 or Line_2 in your addressing then look into using Alias OPC topics in RSLinx.

edit: If by chance you are in the unfortunate situation that all of your tags in the PLC are different (eg, each tag suffixed with a 1 or 2) then maybe using the tag inport/export tool along with excel could streamline the process. You can still use the tag import/export tool even with a runtime only licence, just import the correct CSV for the tags just before running the spare.

Last edited: