DL05 Modbus Master ??

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I'm trying to help a customer write a value into a servo drive over Modbus. I have modbus experience but no DL05 experience. He has AD experience but no modbus.

Basically we need to write a 32 bit (long) number to modbus address 2022 in the servo drive. So, we're sending a total of 4 bytes.

We're on Port 2 and the slave is address 2

First he's doing LD: KF202 (For port 2, slave 2)
Then LD: K4 (for 4 bytes)

Then the example does an LDA which I think is supposed to be the memory in the PLC that will get sent out for the Write... I'm not sure what this should be but I'm guessing any generic word address space...

Lastly, we need the WX instruction which if I'm reading everything right would be offset to V3745

Anyone have any experience with this...

Also, the drive is expecting the high word first so if I want to write the number 50 I think I have to put it in the 2nd word at the address in the LDA but again, I'm not sure...

Thanks,

Norm

To send the float in the order you want you may need to do some re-arranging of the words.

Try experimenting with writing, if you can, to a relatively unimportant area of the drive to determine if a '1' offset is needed.

Otherwise the setup sounds ok. Follow the DL05 manual for the port setup for MODBUS