Zelio Samrt Relay Question

Hello,
I have an application in which I need a timer which gives a period of time delay of 0.01 second and I'm wondering if I can use Zelio smart relays. Could any one tell me the minimum time period in the timers of the Zelio logic smart relay software.
Thank you in advance.

Hello,
I have an application in which I need a timer which gives a period of time delay of 0.01 second and I'm wondering if I can use Zelio smart relays. Could any one tell me the minimum time period in the timers of the Zelio logic smart relay software.
Thank you in advance.

See links below.

Page 104 of the user manual:

http://www.download.schneider-elect.../aa_getdocs?OpenAgent&L=EN&p=531&c=group8~EN&

And More Info:

http://www.us.telemecanique.com/products/Machine_Control/Relays_Timers/Logic_Relay/index.html

Thank you Mickey , but in page 104 of the same pdf there is this table :
untitled.jpg

What matters to me here is the first row of the table about the 1/100 division of the second which says that the maximum value is 00.00 !!!??
Does this mean that the 1/100 division of the second could not be used in Zelio timers ?

I know this Mickey but you didn't understand what I'm asking about.
As you can see in the table above, The maximum value that can be used for the time unit symbol (s) which represents the 0.01 second is 0.0s which means that this division could not be used because it's maximum value is 0, That's what I've understood from this table. Is that right ??

Unfortunately, 0.1 sec is the absolute low limit. However...

You can use "cycle time" as the Unit, rather than "s" or "0.1s". I don't have a Zelio at home with me to test, but I'm guessing "cycle time" is synonomous with "scan time" and that a relatively simple program should scan much faster than 0.1s. Maybe you could try it and adjust the time multiplier(s) accordingly.

Another possibility is this:

Use the high-speed counter function and a 24 VAC transformer to create your own timer, based on power supply frequency. In North America, we have a 60Hz power supply. The frequency of a step-down AC transformer output will also be 60hZ. Use a diode for reverse-polarity protection and connect to the high speed counter input. It should give you a 60Hz (0.01667) or 50Hz (0.02s) pulse.

Thanks rguimond the idea seams brilliant, but how can I use the counter to create a timer? because I need a timer that outputs one pulse of 0.03s everytime a certain input becomes high.

I always use FBD (function block diagram) programming for Zelio, so I'm assuming you have this option.

In ZelioSoft 2, V 4.3, select FBD at the bottom left, then select the High-Speed counter function (seconds row from the bottom, third column from the left). Instructions on use are available in help menus.

If power cycle times aren't suitable, you could use an oscillator. Zelio will read pulses up to 1KHz (1000 cycles / second)

Yes, it reads fast input pulses (up to 1 kHz) but still the minimum output pulse period of the high speed counter is 100ms (0.1s), While I need 0.01s output pulse period.

oops

:confused:
No, 0.1 sec is the least count for Zelio relay.

cheers.
:confused:

I stand corrected 0.01 secs is the least count, ( see "s" range) as for Maximum waleed it is the range you can give for your fractional seconds range 0.01 sec to 0.99 sec.

After that you have to use "S" range where range will be 0.1 sec to 0.9 sec.

Hope it is clear.

If you need 0.01 sec timer. Set the timer parmmeter to "s" and set value as 0.01.

cheers.

I stand corrected 0.01 secs is the least count, ( see "s" range) as for Maximum waleed it is the range you can give for your fractional seconds range 0.01 sec to 0.99 sec.
But what do they mean when they say that the maximum value of the s fraction is 00.00 ???
You are saying that the maximum value is 0.99 while the table says it is 00.00.

But what do they mean when they say that the maximum value of the s fraction is 00.00 ???
You are saying that the maximum value is 0.99 while the table says it is 00.00.

It looks like a misprint to me. The maximum for s should be 99.99 Seconds, and S should be 999.9 Seconds. Based on the other time bases. 00.00 or 000.0 makes no sense as a maximum. If you have one to play with, try it out.

Stu.......