omron cj1

john96

Hi there I am Using an omron cj1 with a scu41 card hooked to seven abb drives uning modbus rtu. all is working well but I would like to find a way to display my hex read values in dec in my plc logic. I can select how they are viewed in my data memory area but cant figure out how to change from hex to dec and display in my ladder. Any help would be great
john:doh:šŸ™ƒ

Click:- View, Monitoring Data Type, Decimal.

I'm assuming this is what you mean, and that you are wanting to do some sort of monitoring in CX-P of the values being read when your online to the PLC?

This part i like and is easy but i am looking for a way to convert these hex words and display then in my ladder program in decimal.

factory talk with kepware runing omron cj1

i want to make a factory talk screen and have kepware with the omron drivers i needed but how to add the kepware omnon driver to the factory talk system? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.
JOHN:oops:

This part i like and is easy but i am looking for a way to convert these hex words and display then in my ladder program in decimal.

Are they not decimal already? Maybe if you can post a screen shot of what you mean, that they are not in decimal? Do you mean you want to see a decimal place, if so, you need to use REAL numbers, or floating point....

add the kepware omnon driver to the factory talk system

I'm assuming that it is similar to adding normal drivers to the Factory Talk system, have you used FT ME before?

no new out but set up keepware easy with the omron driver i am trying tool buss for now, but could not see weare to add to the factroy talk software
john

I assume you are using the Kepware OPC client.
You will need to use an OPC driver in Factory Talk to communicate with the Kepware OPC client.
You will have to set up all the tags in Factory Talk to go through the Factory Talk OPC driver to extract information from the Kaepware client.
have done this in the past with Citect and the Cometrics BACnet OPC client software.