SIMATIC S7, step 7 V5.4 SP5 upgrade

gordon

G
Hello,

I have a Licens (USB stick) for step 7 v5.4 SP5.......
I will install this license on a computer with remote desktop...

Who can I do that? I have try to copy the files on the usb stick... but it turn out bad.....

Thnx for help!

Siemens S7 license

You cannot copy the files on the USB stick of the S7 license. You have to install it direct to the PC using the Automation License Manager.

I`m not physical contact with the machine... have remote desktop contact with it.... I know a collage have done it before... without sending the usb stick in cargo.... and get somebody to put into the usb slot...

He transfer the file over internet to the machine and do something that i dont now... offline transfer or something?

Hi, were you able to transfer the license key? I re-checked with the Siemens Automation License Manager, you can indeed transfer the license through the web. You have to run the Automation license manager and search the location of the license. Try it and let me know if it works.

okey :)

Yes, I`m manage to transfer the license!

I used function called offline transfer or something inn simatic license manager.

Thnx for help!

The license key is a file *.ekb, find on USB stick the folder <AX NF ZZ> (it may be hidden), send it through internet via email and copy to your system disck

The license key is a file *.ekb, find on USB stick the folder <AX NF ZZ> (it may be hidden), send it through internet via email and copy to your system disck

I tried that first, but Simatic license manager dont found the licens I copy over to the disk....

really? i've just tried on my own computer with Automation License Manager version 4.0+SP3 and works. Check one more time your system disck (ex. C:\) do you have <AX NF ZZ> folder? any *ekb files there?

really? i've just tried on my own computer with Automation License Manager version 4.0+SP3 and works. Check one more time your system disck (ex. C:\) do you have <AX NF ZZ> folder? any *ekb files there?

hem okey...
Shoud I put the file from USB stick into AX NF ZZ folder?
in the target computer there is a AX NZ folder yes! with one file into now....

nice :)
It should be much easier...
when you use transfer offline... you must trasfer a singel file both ways many times.... you tried?

The issue here was that:
I have remote connection to a computer.....
Sow it was diffecult to put the usb into the machine...