first generation s7-200 replacement

jeff s

I have a s7-200 with 2 input modules and 2 output modules added. one of the input modules is no good and not available anymore, so local supplier says will have to upgrade all components. what is my best option for straight across program transfer?? I have processor # 6es721418c01-oxbo and 2 input modules # 6es7221-1bf00 and 2 output modules 6es7222-ihfoo

thanks, Jeff

Hey Jeff,
I did a quick search and didn't find al info on CPU is this right?
6es7 214-1bc01-0xb0,
i/o 14/10
power supply AC
inputs DC
outputs relay

if so i should go for
  • 1pcs CPU 6ES7 214-1BD23-0XB0
  • 2pcs inputs vdc 6ES7 221-1BF22-0XA0
  • 2pcs outputs relay 6ES7 222-1HF22-0XA0

or you can take an other CPU with more i/o or other exansion modul
For example:
EM 223 24 VDC Digital Combination 16 Inputs/16 Relay Outputs 6ES7 223--1PL22--0XA0

but be careful so the wires don´t get too short

On page 509 in the system manual
you find information about cpu, and expansion modules

before downloading the program to the new CPU you need to change cpu type in the program.
i cant remember if there is any different with the i/o addressing depending on what setup you will use. but that shouldn't be any big deal.

you have not thought about rewrite the program and go for a S7-1200?

Thanks for the info looking for the easy swap as i am not that good with the seimens processors so the program swap is better for me than the rewrite option, no documentation on the current program so would be tougher,again thanks for the info will study the system manual and use this a excuse to learn a little more on the siemens processors

I see the original poster is from the states so it made me think about 120vac inputs and then Siemens discontinued these. When one failed I have seen 14 120vac icecube relays inside a JIC box to switch 24vdc to the new processor. I have a picture of it somewhere... Have fun!