Generation of L5K/L5X File for Studio5000

maanwr

Hello Everyone!
Hope you guys are doing well during this pandemic.

I am trying to auto generate L5K file for Studio5000. The AOI is in encoded form in the L5K/L5X file and all the different version of the PLCs containing same AOIs have different encoded data. When I open the AOI in notepad++, the encoded data is different from the L5K/L5X file as well, it means that the encoded data is not consistent.

I have tried to open the L5K/L5X file without AOI encoded data but it's giving me error that data is missing.

What options do I have?

Hello Everyone!
Hope you guys are doing well during this pandemic.

I am trying to auto generate L5K file for Studio5000. The AOI is in encoded form in the L5K/L5X file and all the different version of the PLCs containing same AOIs have different encoded data. When I open the AOI in notepad++, the encoded data is different from the L5K/L5X file as well, it means that the encoded data is not consistent.

I have tried to open the L5K/L5X file without AOI encoded data but it's giving me error that data is missing.

What options do I have?

So you have:
- several PLCs with an AOI loaded
- the internal AOI data is not the same for each PLC

AOIs can store a variety of information inside the structure.

Is the AOI from a vendor, and does it reference a rack/slot ... or perhaps give you an interface to an ethernet device?

If the AOI data is not the same between PLCs, I don't think you will be able to force it to be the same. If you do manage to get the data to be the same, I don't expect that it will operate properly.

Why do you think that this is an issue? If the internal data is different, there must be some code inside that configures the data. If the AOI configures itself ... where is the issue?