1783-NATR Configuration File Generation

cdewitt

Good morning all,

I have a project that has quite a few NATRs to configure. I would like to modify the generated backup config file because I could write a script that will generate the rules and set public and private addresses. The problem I'm running into is when I try to load a modified config file I get the following fault "The configuration was unable to be restored from the SD card."

I think I've narrowed it down to some sort of checksum issue by changing the config through the web interface and comparing the files. One of the first lines in the XML backup file is <_1783-NATR SerialNumber="8445af24">. The SerialNumber isn't actually the serial number of the NATR and seems to be changing every time I change a setting.

Does anyone have any experience configuring these with the backup XML file or have any ideas how that value may be calculated?

Thanks, I tried leaving it out and I'm getting invalid format still. I've tried hashing a few sections so far but haven't had much luck yet. It looks like it's either CRC32 or CRC32b since so far those are the only 4 byte hashes I've found so far. My next plan is to change settings one at a time and see if I can't find any that don't generate a new hash to maybe figure out which sections in the XML to generate the hash for.