1783-NATR Private Network

samg

Hello, I have been trying to set up a NATR with 3 connections, I am able to ping the public IP of the NATR itself off of my network, but nothing connected through the table. The HMIs I am connecting to I have verified that the private address matches the one in my table, as well as the gateway of the HMI matching the private address of the NATR. The HMIs are on and should be visible through pinging, but so far no dice. Any suggestions?

Update: They are visible on Linx, but still can't be pinged.

Last edited:
1) Can you ping them on the local network? icmp might be disabled.
2) What type of HMIs are you using? If it's visible on Linx I'm guessing Panelviews?

They are PanelView Pluses. I did some digging and talked with our vendor, looks like there was a setting that prevents pinging and is password protected and he's unsure of the password for it, so that's opened up another rabbit hole of PanelView default passwords. Also seems like this one is on Windows 10 which I haven't seen before.

Long story short, it isn't the NATRs that are the issue, thanks!

If the units are series B, then the ping response is disabled by default. You can enable it under the windows menu setting for "Ping Service".