Mitsubishi FX-80MR and HMI

o_man_ra23

Gday all,

I am trying to connect a Red Lion G510 HMI touchscreen to a pair of Mitsubishi FX-80MR ES PLCs. I note that the Red Lion unit has 5 RS232/422/485 ports, and from what I can tell, the Mitsubishi runs an RS422 port on the front.

If I connect these up, will I then be able to also read the memory devices inside each PLC?

Kind regards,
Oman

I am not familiar with that PLC, so I am not sure if you will be able to multi-drop them off of the same port. If that PLC supports what they call Format 1 or 4, then you will be able to multi-drop using teh A/Q/FX driver. If they do not, then you will need to use 1 PLC per port and use the FX Point to Point driver.

With the FX Point to Point driver you can access the following memory areas in the PLC:

D (0-999) Data Register
M (0-4095) Interal Relay
S (0-1023) State Relay
X (0-255) Input
Y (0-255) Output
C (0-199) Counter Value
T (0-255) Timer Value

With the A/Q/FX driver you can access the following memory areas in the PLC.

X (0-1FFF) Input
Y (0-1FFF) Output
F (0-2047) Annunciator
M (0-9255) Internal Relay
B (0-1FFF) Link Relay
D (0-32767) Data Register
R (0-32767) File Register
W (0-657F) Link Register
TN (0-2047) Timer Current Value
TS (0-2047) Timer Contact
TC (0- 2047) Timer Coil
CN (0-1023) Counter Current Value
CS (0-1023) Counter Contact
CC (0-1023) Counter Coil

Here is a link to our Mitsubishi information sheets and cable diagrams: http://www.redlion.net/Support/Downloads/DeviceDrivers/G3/Mitsubishi.html

Regards,
Dan

Thanks for the replies fellas.

Dan, I am looking to run a separate cable to each PLC, so using 2 ports up. Thanks for the confirmation, I can now go back and work out how long it will take me.

Dave, thanks for the link. Should give me a good start on things.

Cheers, Owen