1794-ADN FlexIO DNet Adapter Status word

vkolluru

I have a 1794-ADN FlexIO DNet Adapter connected to 1747-SDN on my SLC chassis. My devicenet is working fine. All configurations are good.

When I look at the IO summary of the ADN adapter in RSNetworx 9.0, I see it uses 16 bits(2 bytes ) for a status word. And the rest of the inputs and outputs are the IO modules on the FlexIO.

Can anyone tell me what this status word is made of. I mean what does each bit mean. I am trying to find a bit that tells me if the adapter itself is healthy or not. Some kind of fault bit

Thanks in advance

The adapter status word gives you information on the individual slots. If you are looking for the overall status of a node, this is usually available from the scanner. With a 1747-SDN, for example, the device failure bits are in words 216 to 219 of the M1 file.

flexio.jpg