FRUSTRATED with 1794-ADN and 1794-IF2XOF2I

electric101

First of all im using a softlogix 5860 processor connected via 1784 PCIDS card to the 1794 devicenet adapter. my first module is a 16 bit DC input followed by a 16 bit output and finally my 2channel input/ 2 channel output. I can write code in 5000 for the digital IO's just fine and i have the .dnt file setup correctly with all lights green and i can see voltage change from rsnetworks when i monitor the input from the 1794 ADN. from the reading i've done i know i have to use block transfer msg and there is a sample file included with the version of rslogix that i have but its setup with different controllers and adapters. I've read anything i can get my hands on online from rockwell but the docs on these adapters only show the setup example using the ethernet IP version. in the ethernet IP version you can right click on the 1794 IP adapter in rslogix 5000 and add the module.... you cannot do this using the devicenet adapter. I can include my basic logix file but theres not much to it since I have no idea where to go from here.

If anyone has ANY experience with this i would be forever greatful
thanks in advance.

IMG_20150930_195121.jpg

Attachments

• ANALOG.zip
    99.8 KB · Views: 3
I just really need to know how to map to the analog input... i can easily map to my inputs/outputs and make a tag to the first input...example: IN_00 is the tag for Local:1:I.Data[0].16 which is my first input bit on the digital input module. acording the rsnetworks setup I would assume that analog module would start at: Local:1:I.Data[1].0 but i dont see any data coming from data[1].0-15 at all. and im not sure how to tie it to the BTR and BTW controller tags. If anyone could even begin to point me in a helpful direction it would mean alot.
thanks,

Please start a new thread for a new problem; this case was several years ago and it's unlikely that your problem is exactly the same as his.

There are several very good Knowledgebase articles at Rockwell about managing the 1794-ADN, and a user manual, and the Help files in RSNetworx.

If those don't help you, please explain your problem in detail, and maybe somebody can assist here.

If you can ZIP and post the *.DNT file from RSNetworx, that is often helpful as well.