1794-ADN configuration

MISHA

I have to configure new 1794-ADN Series C in my devicenet network. I have downloaded the EDS File and registered it. But while configuration in RsNetworx, few tabs are missing like I/O configuration in ADN. It is a very old system running on windows XP. PLC is L33 (5433)
Please help how to resolve it. It's urgent.

Hi,
I/O Configuration isn't an option for the ADN. You have to go into module configuration and select the hardware the ADN is using and what slot it is on. Afterwards you can can configure some of the setting for the I/O cards you select for the ADN. But it doesn't have a standard I/O configuration that you would see on a SDN.

Hi,
You are right!. But in my case when I am opening the properties windows in ADN Module, the tab which shows the details of hardware used is not visible. only GENERAL tab is visible.

What version of RSNetworx for DeviceNet are you running ? What version of RSLinx Classic are you running ?

The 1794-ADN doesn't use an ordinary EDS file to configure the adapter and the connected FLEX modules. Instead, it has a "Chassis Applet", which is also used by the 1769-ADN. Try creating a test project and inserting a 1769-ADN and see if you can open up the Chassis Applet on that.

This is probably a corruption or incompatibility of RSNetworx with some other piece of software.