1794-ADN firmware upgrade

rootboy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys,

I've got a two identical machines where one runs, and the other does not.

The only difference is that the 1794-ADN module on the working machine is Rev 10, while the one on the non-working machine is Rev 6.

It's an old series "B" module, part # 96494871 Rev:D02, F/W Rev: J

Can someone point me toward what I need to update this module?

Thanks,

John

I don't think the 1794-ADN has field-upgradeable firmware.

Is this a system that was working previously and has failed, or a system you're putting together out of old parts ? The issue might be as simple as electronic keying.

I don't think the 1794-ADN has field-upgradeable firmware.

Is this a system that was working previously and has failed, or a system you're putting together out of old parts ? The issue might be as simple as electronic keying.

According to the DeviceNet bible:

"For Series A and B modules, firmware can only be upgraded over the DeviceNet network using the older GTS Toolkit NVS update tool on a PC. This currently can only be done using a 1770-KFD module interface. The Series C 1794-ADN firmware V3.001 or higher can now be flashed using Controlflash!!"

It should be able to. But I can't find the GTS Toolkit NVS software.

As for electronic keying, I should be good. But I unchecked the "Product Code" just to be sure. but still no joy.

Every time I try to upload the proper configuration I get the dreaded "Object state conflict" errot:

"12/30/1899 0:00:00","","Address 16: [Slot 07] Communication Error(0xC) 'Error response received: [0x040c, 0x00ff]. Object state conflict.', SCIA(0x10, 0x7D, 0x8, 0x9)."

Currently I'm following your advice that you gave to another guy:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/archive/index.php/t-64972.html

I've deleted node 16 from the scanlist, and I will put it back in manually. And we have already cycled power so that shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks!

The NVS tool was only available to RA service engineers.

Can you elaborate on the specific symptoms of the "machine not working" ?

What are the states of the LEDs on the 1794-ADN that doesn't work ?

What sort of DeviceNet Scanner are you using, and what do the indicators on the front of that module tell you about the network ?

Remember that "upload" is from the device to the PC. I think you are describing a "download".

The error message you posted actually refers to a parameter in the module in Slot 7 of the FLEX I/O rail, rather than to the 1794-ADN itself. Can you post some details about what sort of modules are connected to the 1794-ADN ?

1794-ADN firmware upgrade SOLVED!

Got it!

I followed your directions suggesting that I remove the module from the scan list, cycle power on it, and then put it back into the scan list with the correct settings. It worked like a treat! :)

It still refuses to take the correct slot number for the 1756-DNB (slot 10) and always resets itself to slot 1 (which must come as quite a surprise to the safety partner that is actually occupying slot 1), and it keeps defaulting to Automap on Add, but other than that it works fine.

Thanks again!