ABB Robot using IRC5 control with ethernet/ip communicating with micrologix 1500

TerryWhitmire

I'm trying to connect a IRC5 ABB robot control that has the fieldbus ethernet/ip interface to a micrologix 1500 thats using a net eni modual. I have been on the phone with ABB tech support with no luck. It appears they have configured this on the Contolgix Platform but not the micrologix. If anyone has setup the IRC5 controller to exchange data with a microlix controller please let me know.

thanks
terry

Terry
This will not work with the MLX family they don't do Ethernet I/P I/O controlling. I will explain later if I get time.

Hi Terry

The data sheet for the IRC5 says it can act as Devicenet master, and by adding a 1769-ADN or 1761-NET-DNI to the mx1500 you could use that for data exchange. I have never done this my self, so i will not be able to help with the specifics, but maybe the techsupport has.

regards