1794-oe12

Dauge

I am having issues locating the status codes and figuring out why I don't have any output from my analog output card. Here's the configuration as I have it.

1769-L35E with 2 remote flex racks with 1794-AENT/A

Both flex racks are identical. One of the 1794-OE12's work just fine but the other will not.

In troubleshooting I found that status bit 15 "fieldpoweroff" is blinking on and off. But I can't figure out why.

If anyone can be of assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Duane

Still Troubleshooting 1794-OE12/A

In an attempt to give you all more information I took a screen shot so everyone knows what my configuration is then maybe I can get more help.

Thanks again everyone
Duane

untitled.jpg

Allen Bradley tech support is as useful as they have always been. That said I was hoping for someone with some working knowledge to chime in.

If there is anyone out there who has ever seen this before please let me know what you did to fix it.

Thanks again everyone

I have used these modules before but never had the issue you are talking about.

If the field power bit is flickering I would be inclined to believe it. As far as the module is concerned the filed power if failing. Have you looked at the voltage level to confirm that it is within spec? Have you swapped a new module in yet? A new base? If you go into the module properties do you get a status on the second tab?

Keith

Hi Dauge,

I am also having a problem with this card. A dumb question I know but can someone please confirm for me the wiring. Ie white wire of analog pair goes into terminal xx and black wire of analog pair goes into terminal yy. Does the output need to be loop powered?

Thanks

Phil.

Hi Dauge,

I am also having a problem with this card. A dumb question I know but can someone please confirm for me the wiring. Ie white wire of analog pair goes into terminal xx and black wire of analog pair goes into terminal yy. Does the output need to be loop powered?

Thanks

Phil.

The Analog Outputs are self powered, so they do not need any separate power wiring. This can be an issue with Analog Inputs, depending on the device providing the Analog Signal.

Stu.....

Thanks Stu,

Appreciate the quick response. Will check it out further - possibly a faulty OE12 unit or TB3G base.

Regards

Phil.