1746-NT4 Thermocouple card question

sns

I am troubleshooting this plc rack with 1746-NT4 cards. The problem is that some of the inputs are workings (solid green), some not(blinking green) and some are disabled (off).

I was working on disabled inputs and the manual said that the bit 11 of the TC configuration word should be set to 1 in order to enable it.

While checking the config of each of the thermocouple inputs ( around 10 cards each with 4 inputs), I found that all of them had '0' in the bit 11 but were working (green and giving temp or blinking green/TC break).

I also checked the advanced config of the TC modules (through the IO config) and found that the Channel Enabled was UNCHECKED for all the modules.

My query is that, then how to disble a parituclar input?

There is usually a integer word setup to hold the configuration settings and then copied to the modules output configuration word. Check your logic to see if this being done. Sometimes controlled by the first scan bit.

Post you program ( .RSS) file and someone will help you look. Zip it first.

Right I agree with mickey. Usually it a S:1/15 bit called fist scan On the same roumg the copy bit copies the configuration to the specified output of the card. so be looking for that. post your .rss file