AB coms 1785-KE

fred

Hi
I have a machine that I would like to record data from, my PC application uses a standard DF1 protocol and has worked fine in the past when connected directly to SLC's.

The PLC I would like to conect to this time is a PLC5 / 25 (node 2) with the 1785-KE card on a remote rack. The KE card is connected to a modem that we no longer need so I can use the 232 port on the card.

Q. Can I connect directly to the RS232 port on the KE card to read data from the PLC using my DF1 Ap.
Q. Do you have any recommeded settings for the KE card if this is possible.

Many thanks
Fred

Similar Topics

Hello all. I am trying to communicate to an ASi gateway from my CpLX (L16ER). I am able to ping the gateway and it replies. I configured the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a couple of hmi panel view plus 700 Hmi and we keep dropping coms /stars in the data boxes I’ve checked the plc and unmanaged switch...
Replies
Views
We have a problem where client wrongly install inverters in their residence, this then prevents the elec meters(Hexing hxp100Dii) from...
Replies
Views
Hi I have an old panel builder 32 that I’m replacing for a factory talk me hmi . In the plc for the old panel builder there is a coms bit for the...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have 5 PF525's in my RSL5k project. One such drive I am able to ping and it responds. The Enet on the front is steady green and the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom