cx designer password problem

crankshanft

With password levels activated (8.2 system) if i use a lower level password to access one thing, the pad comes up and i punch in a password say level two, then i go to a level five object and instead of bringing up the keypad it say cant do it because level is lower then object. is there a way of bringing up the keypad without canceling authentication first

To use Password with level you must be at Project Version 8.2 or higher.
Make sure that your NSJ8 hardware is capable of Version 8.2. Check on System Menu|Special Screen Tab|Version
To change your CX Designer Project,
Go Tools|Version and Change to 8.2. (but only if the Hardware version is 8.2.)

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned in my post it is 8.2 and levels work but if you are at no level, the first object you touch (with a password set on it) will bring up a keypad, you enter a level and you can access this object or any other object with the same level(and lower level but i have not tested that)but if you try a higher level object, it doesn't give you a chance to enter a higher level password, it just tells you can't do that. instead of switching screens for a centralized authentication cancellation, or having a cancel button on every screen, I would rather have another keypad pop up so you can enter a different level password.

Not sure if this will work or not, but could you use a multi-function button, and use the 1st step to logout if the current userlevel does not equal the level required?

Could possibly be done in a macro as well? I have not been using CX-D of late, so bit rusty....