Failure of tape based plc program loader.

raju

We are having several yarn winders which are controlled by inidvidual plcs. Whenever program fails we reload the program using back-up tape, for which a loader is used. Now the loader is not working. Except for the electronics the mechanism is just as any other tape recorder. Can someone help with details like, 1) Can an ordinary tape cassette be used ( we have attempted and didnt succeed. 2) The reading head specifications etc. i can give any other information required. My plc is FUZI- FTB-56, Tape drive model is - SANYO--PHC-DRII. Baud rate is 2400 with signal stabilizer, phase shift and remote cancel functions. Sources of getting it repaired are welcome.
Immediate respons will be highly appreciated and ackowledged.

--Raju.

This failure should be a wake-up call to look at replacing these units with something from this century. And start looking NOW!

Those old tape loaders have a limited mechanical life and you've probably exceeded that by a mile. A quick search on Google brought ONE hit, so take a look at THIS LINK, item 1f. You may want to grab it before it disappears (if it hasn't already).

I doubt it uses 'special' tape, so an ordinary cassette should work.

Best of luck! (you're gonna need it)... :D

beerchug

-Eric