configuring a PLC for winCC

David_Cohen

Hello,
I have a PLC, a computer with Step7 and a computer with winCC (v6), all connected over Ethernet (using MAC addresses, no TCP/IP).
I try to read tags on the PLC with winCC, but the PLC is said to be disconnected. I know this can't be the case because I'm able to monitor it and download to it from the Step7 computer; I know the winCC computer is connected because I have access to the network from it.
What could the problem be? Could anyone help me?

Sahlom David

Welcome

Its always nice to see another Israeli in this forum.

Sorry I canot help you with Step 7. I more Omron and A-B guy.

Siemense PLCs its dirty word for as.

Have a nice holiday.

Arik

I know how to make PLC programs but i do not know how to create graphics, let alone to link them to my PLC program. i also do not have the software to do this. where do i start and what do i do. Help me guys with what to do and what type of software should i buy and from where. my company uses AB