Your recommended reading

Kyle M

Hello all! I'm pretty new to the forums here and didn't find anything like this in searching the forums.

Other than the manufacturers manuals, what books do you reference most of all? You know the one's you keep in arm's reach.

For user interfaces, I recommend
GUI Bloopers 2.0, Second Edition: Common User Interface Design Don'ts and Dos by Jeff Johnson

Because it's great to see the mistake and solution all at once!

If you are looking into CanOpen, this book is indespensible:

http://www.copperhillmedia.com/CANopenBook.html

"Embedded Networking with Can and CanOpen". I hunted high and low for this book, and was finding older versions of it on Amazon and E-Bay going as high as $100. This site has an up-to-date PDF version for less than $20, and you can download it right there.

For my purposes, the best part of a PDF reference is simply being able to search it!

TM