Recommended HW for robust Linux+IO

The other problem is they aren't CE marked for industrial use.

That is true. The day a company produces a lowcost raspberry-like CE product will be a great day!

The best is then that I host the website and only install a 4G + low-cost PLC on site.
I can set up a VPN and communicate with the PLC via whatever protocol. Does anyone know which protocol alternatives I have? or do I have to stick with MODBUS?. Conventional sockets, although versatile, I am not aware that can be implemented in S7-1200 for example

Kunbus and the Onlogic device have the CE mark and EU Declaration of Conformity for Industrial use.
If you go for the Kunbus with Codesys, you also get protocols for PROFINET, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP or CANopen. I suspect it will cost an extra license for these protocols.

Similar Topics

Out of interest, I'd like some thoughts on what would be considered best practice with regards to a 2-position turntable control scheme (see...
Replies
Views
We are going to be using a SIRUS 3RW5545 Soft Start to control a 480V, 150HP fan. Looking for some recommendations for parameters to use with this...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon , I'm getting ready to lease a lot of Rockwell Software. I really don't have any desire to go the VM route , just because I'm...
Replies
Views
I wanted to get some opinions and maybe a point in the right direction for products on networking machines for data collection. Im not all that...
Replies
Views
Hi, Dose anyone have recommendations for Ethernet cable for site-use with laptop? I usually use regular office cable, but the lock-pin usually...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom