step sequencer program

PAUL RAYMOND

I have just had a conveyor system installed that uses a slc5/03.I have limited programming knowledge but i can read ladder logic for the sake of fault finding.The problem is The programmer has used what looks like step sequencing.I have never seen this type of programming.How does this work and how do i relate it to the process?

MY basic explanation

Anytime a sequence is involved it means that sequence 1 must be fullfilled before sequence 2 can engage....ie

On a conveyor product must be detected and PASS a point before MORE product can move to that area.

The specifics depend on your system, explain it OR show the code and it may be explained better.

Similar Topics

can someone please help me,I have to use step sequencer in ladder diagram to create a washing machime program.What is the instruction do I need to...
Replies
Views
I have a control process that needs to sequence through a number of steps using the same input. Hitting the same pushbutton should "step" the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've been doing a little reading here on Step Sequencers-State Machines before I begin to implement a rather lenghtly one for a project...
Replies
Views
I am having a step7 v5.4 program where the blocks are encrypted and locked. And the manufacturer is stopped the support. Is there any ways to...
Replies
Views
Good Morning, Hoping someone with some Siemens experience can give me a hand with this one. Customer has a S7-200 cpu, which has a 6GK7...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom