Manuals, info for learning motion control

Plc_User

Does anyone know some good manuals or other info material to learn about the principles of motion control in general (positioning, gearing, camming). Not to mathematical if possible.

Thanks

Does anyone know some good manuals or other info material to learn about the principles of motion control in general (positioning, gearing, camming). Not to mathematical if possible.

Thanks

Maybe if we know what you need to do we might be able to send you in the right direction. Saying you want to learn the topics you mention and also not wanting to be too mathematical seems contradictory to me. Math and physics are the languages of motion control. No way to get around that.

Some is common sense, for instance it takes more power to move something heavy than it does to move something light (for the same motion).

If you are unsure of your math capabilities it might be best to concentrate on one area of interest first and get that worked out in your head before attacking the entire field of motion control at once.

Do you have a particular project or problem you need to work on? Are you in industry or in school? Do you have a deadline or can you work at your own pace?

Maybe if we know what you need to do we might be able to send you in the right direction. Saying you want to learn the topics you mention and also not wanting to be too mathematical seems contradictory to me. Math and physics are the languages of motion control. No way to get around that.

Some is common sense, for instance it takes more power to move something heavy than it does to move something light (for the same motion).

If you are unsure of your math capabilities it might be best to concentrate on one area of interest first and get that worked out in your head before attacking the entire field of motion control at once.

Do you have a particular project or problem you need to work on? Are you in industry or in school? Do you have a deadline or can you work at your own pace?

I am working in the automation industry (machine building) and already did two projects with Siemens Simotion. I have an engineer degree, so I once passed my math exams:).
But doing projects now in motion control I lack sometimes lack some knowledge or experience towards basics of motion control.
To specify it is mostly about fine tuning positionning and gearing. Knowing what values are realy important to optimize the machine. I also know that math cannot be ommited in a motion process, but I would like to have some documentation that combines a practical approach with maybe some mathematical proof.

Really, you didn't mean no math, but no heavy theory. More of a practical "this is what you do in the real world" approach. It's damn hard to find text books like that, IMO.

Really, you didn't mean no math, but no heavy theory. More of a practical "this is what you do in the real world" approach. It's damn hard to find text books like that, IMO.

Yes, thats what I need. Maybe some constructors have 'general documentation'?