DSPLE to Crompton 1540

Cmower

Has anyone had any luck with rs485 communications between a Redlion DSPLE and a Crompton 1540. I have verified unit and protocol as well as the registers but no luck.

What are the LEDs on the DSP's 485 port doing? If the Red is on solid, that would indicate that your A and B lines are wired backwards.

Does holding register 4(0)0001 exist in the device? If not, then the problem could be the Ping Holding Register (located on the Extended tab of the device). By default this is 1, so we try to read holding register 4(0)0001, you can set this to 0 to disable the ping.

Regards,
Dan

The green led is blinking - no red (comm) led. The Crompton uses the 3X and 4X registers and the addressing starts at 30001 (not 300001). I can connect using Crompton's software through a RS485 to USB converter. Will had made a few suggestions but no comms yet.

I hope the file attached

Try this database. Once you download to the unit, go to the data tag
section and view the tags online.
Regards,
Will Weyant (Ext 6787)

(See attached file: 0883_001.pdf)(See attached file: Power Room Data
Station.cd2)
Image1.gif

The use of the "TxA & TxB" on the DSPLE has resolved the issue in my 2 wire system. I was using the "TxA & RxA".
I decided to post it here so others with the same issue would see it.