Red Lion DSPLE CAN

ADFisher

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to the forums here and to PLCs in general. I am working on a project where I want to use a Red Lion DSPLE to do protocol conversion between a CAN system and Modbus RTU. I have the XCCN CAN interface card installed and operational.

Question is in programming with Crimson: The protocol uses a modified J1939 which sets Data Page = 1, so PGN is way above 65535 (starts at 115199 or 0x1C1FF). With this, the SAE J1939 Driver in Crimson only goes up to 65535; Is there a way to set Data Page = 1 with the J1939 driver, or is it best to use a different driver, such as CAN Generic 29-bit Identifier? I've used only SAE J1939 driver in the past, so if Generic 29-bit identifier is to be used, is there anything else I need to know with this driver?

And are there any good resources online for a newb to learn protocol conversion with this?

Appreciate any insight into this!