Compactlogix to Modicon Comms using Red Lion DSPLE

ballack

Hey guys,
I am trying to make an Allen Bradley Compactlogix and a Modicon Quantum talk to each other using a Red Lion Data Station.

So far I've set a communication protocol for the AB processor using the L5K driver and it works fine, I can read data from that PLC.

For the Modicon PLC I set a Modbus TCP/IP Master driver but I haven't been able to read any data from it, let alone pass data to another PLC.

I don't know if you require some kind of special setup for the Modbus driver?
I created a tag with the " IsDeviceOnline(x) " trick and it doesn't get anything from that PLC.

Help please?

Yes, I can ping it, it is in the same subnet and everything, but I don't know if there is anything special to configure.

Similar Topics

Hey All, I need to send a few bits between a new CompactLogix machine and a current existing Modicon Quantum 140CPU65260. Has anyone ever set...
Replies
Views
Hi guys the system A using Modicon controller(BMXP342020, and system B using CompactLogix controller, we want to setup a communication between...
Replies
Views
We have a Modicon PLC that is connected to the Ethernet Network and we have three CompactLogix PLC's connected on this network as well.. I need to...
Replies
Views
The plant is using Modicon PLC’s for the plant control system. Is there an interface for the communications between the AB controller and the...
Replies
Views
So basically i have 2 queries : 1. I have a program file of S7-300 PLC which i want to migrate in RSLogix500.In short i want to convert my simatic...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom