Modicon to AB CompactLogix L5330

Nikki

The plant is using Modicon PLC’s for the plant control system. Is there an interface for the communications between the AB controller and the Modicon PLC?

Nikki,

What exactly is your "AB controller"? Is it an Allen-Bradley PLC, or an Allen-Bradley Panelview or other graghics display?

As far as I know, there is no direct method of communicating between a Modicon PLC and an AB PLC.

That Modbus RTU implementation is really just a fancy pre-written ladder logic application to crunch incoming data bytes. It's going to take up a lot of memory in a little controller.

If you happen to be using DeviceNet, there are a handful on DeviceNet/Modbus translators.

Prosoft is also just launching a MVI69-MCM module for CompactLogix that will implement two Modbus ports. It will be expensive, but much easier to implement than anything else.