Communication via profibus

mahmoud turky

Dear all,
i have two siemens CPUs 318-2dp and i want to communicate between them via profibus, i made one of them master and the other slave successfully, but i have a problem, how can i transfer points from slave to master or from master to slave?
for example if i want to transfer Q8.5 from master to slave or transfer M40.3 from slave to master, how can i do this?
thanks for help

The slave will be accessible as peripherial i/o in the master, and vice-versa.
If the peripherial i/o is outside the proces image, then use SFC14 and SFC15 in both PLCs to transfer PQ data to the PI data area of the partner.
If the peripherial i/o is inside the proces image, then the Q outputs are directly sent to the matching I inputs in the partner.

thanks maitomies,
but it really down't help me alot.
i want to understand what is the meaning of lenght of input or output? and how to send for example Q8.5 state from the master to state?
and can i use markers to send or recive or not?

Hi like Jesper said in his previous message:

"If the peripherial i/o is inside the proces image, then the Q outputs are directly sent to the matching I inputs in the partner."

The CPU takes care of that by it self.

If you have your PLC programs in the same project, you can see the first link. In figure 8 you can see the configuration. In this configuration the first row means that partners one byte starting from A100.0 (AB100=QB100) is transferred to EB0 (IB0). It means that the state of partners Q100.5 can be read from I0.5.

listen guys, i'll tell you what i understand from what you said and what i read.
for example:- first i want to send M0.0 from slave to master.
second i want to send Q4.7 from master to slave, and the M/S Configuration is like in the example in the link you sent Maitomies (Q100 to I0 & I100 to Q0), then i do that:-

1-in OB1 of the master:-
L Q4.7
T M10.0

L IB100
T MB5

L MB10
T QB100
-------------------------------------------------------------
2- in OB1 of the Slave:-
L IB0
T MB4

L MB0
T QB0

Please send me confirmation if i understand well or not.
Thanks Both.