DH+ Bridge

mkekkonen

In an Oil Facility I need to connect two Panelviews Plus terminals via DH+ to a Controllogix PLC and a PLC5.
The Controllogix is the common connection point with a DH+ Module.
Channel A connects both PVPluss' to the Controllogix PLC and Channel B connects the PLC 5 to the Controllogix PLC.
Using RSlinx version 2.55.00.16 CPR 9 SR 2, I configured the
DHRIO/E (Product type 12, Product code 18, Revision 7.2) Routing Table as shown in the attached screen capture.
The RS View Studio ME RSlinx Enterprise config is shown in the second attachment. I am having an issue with the routing tables and the bridges (if they are required - I think they are). Can anyone shed some light on this?

DHRIO_RoutingTable.jpg RSV_MeRSL.jpg

I have both fault lights blinking on the DHRIO card, and the PV Plus cannot connect to either PLC. I need to clear both faults and correct map the PVs to the PLCs.

What are your switch settings?

You should also have a fault on the front of the screen... if yes what does it say

On the PV Plus it says:

CIP connection (0) open failed on route ControlLogix in slot 0 of the chassis with cip:/DH+7.

I cannot clear the faults on the module. Can you point me in the right direction for those as well?

Thanks for responding. Just a quick question. How does one set up the DH+ routing table to route Chan A to B?

No idea :oops:

I have never done it before, I have always only had one DH+...

BUT take a look at chapter 3 in the manual, I think it may be of help

I believe that the DH+ implementation on the PanelView Plus can only support Local DH+ messaging, in which each DH+ packet is addressed to a particular Node, i.e. a PLC-5 or SLC-5/04, or a ControlLogix residing at the Default Slot Number configured in the DHRIO module.

In order to use the Routing Tables in the 1756-DHRIO, the PV+ would need to be able to use Remote DH+ messaging, in which every packet is addressed to a Node and a Link.

I know that I once tried to connect a PV+ on Ethernet through a 1756 backplane and 1756-DHRIO on and DH+ network and that was not supported because it constituted a CIP to PCCC bridge. Channel A to Channel B networking is Remote DH+ at best.

You could do this with PV+ if the networks were CIP networks (EtherNet/IP and ControlNet) or if the driver were RSLinx Classic, which does support Remote DH+ networking.