RSview writing values

frw312

Working with RSview SE I am being asked to add failsafe logic to the PLC so that commands sent from the HMI won’t get stuck in an on/off state. I have done this with bits in the past and understand the problems associated with the bits. The current issue is with writing values to words. I have never had an issue with the values getting stuck or continue to write a value after it has been sent. From my understanding how those values are sent to the PLC I don’t see how there would be a problem. However I am being asked to add logic to prevent this in the form of writing to an intermediate address and them move the value to target address with and additional HMI button. A lot of work if not needed. Does anyone have experience with this being a problem and if so what was your fix? Thanks

Perhaps it is more of an operator changing variables in the middle of a process. If a changing a variable while a process is running it could be causing unwanted problems. By having an additional button it would allow control over when variables can be changed and my whom. This is just a shot at why someone would want that. There are many different ways to control these things and many reasons why someone wants something done a certain way. Maybe just ask what the reason is, you may be surprised.