overwriting tags in RSView

JM_2.0

Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help me

I have a shell display, which loads a paramter file when opened, depending which option has been selected from a previous screen. What i am then needing to do is overwrite a tag with the value of another tag from the parameter file when a button is pressed. I have tried using a macro button, and creating a macro that copies the parameter into the tag. eg macro tag1 = #5. But the macro does not like the expression #5 and comes up with an error when the macro button is then pressed. Can this be done, or is there a better way of doing it?

Am using RSView studio ME

appreciate any help.

To put this another way, ideally what i'd like to be able to achieve is use a momentary push button to perform an expression. ie when the button is pressed, the value from parameter #5 gets written into the data register on the plc ( another tag ). Seems simple, but i just cant find a way to do it. I take it expressions cant be done with push buttons from what ive found so far?

thanks guys.