RS 485, Mod Bus and XG5000

Pooyan

Hi,

I hope you are well.

I would like to solve the following problem:

There is a LSIS PLC which needs to talk to an Omgega PID controller over RS 485 and with modbus (PLC master - PID slave)

Now, LSIS provides a software to interact with PLC. The S/W is XG5000. From the manuals I have read, so far I am able to set up both the cnet interface of the PLC and the PID controller to have the same settings (baud rate, parity, etc).

But the problem I have is that I do not know where in the PLC I can put the ASCII commands to send to the PID.

The only other thing I can think of right now is that the modbus settings in the PLC software (XG5000 provides a bit and word address range: like word read is p06, word write is p070, etc....

Side note:
In ModBus ASCII, I need to put:

address unit 1 | address unit 2 | Command 1 | Command 0 | ....|End1|End2

Here the string to read the process value of the PID. It starts with ASCII character ':' (3A) and ends with 'CR LF' (0D 0A). Everything in the middle is the protocol definition like address of who receives this, what to do (read/write) and etc.

3A 31 30 33 31 30 30 30 30 30 30 31 45 42 43 0D 0A

Note that code has the beginning 3A which is ':' character indicating beginning of ASCII frame. CR and LF (0D 0A) mark the end.

Thanks for your consideration.