problem with micro 1100 requiring mod-bus, DH-485 and ethernet

I am not sure if the 1100 has that data type, the version of RSLogix500 I have at work is too old. I know the 1500 supports the Ls. Do you get the option for Long when you create a new data file? According to this PDF: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/sg/1763-sg001_-en-p.pdf the 1100 should support longs (double integer data file support, page 6 of PDF).

If you can get the data into L registers, then yes, the data will transfer as the same value. However it appears that the PV and the SP have 3 implied decimal places. If this is the case a PV of 100 (100.000) will transfer to the PLC as 100000. Likewise of you need a setpoint of 100 (100.000) you will need to send 100000 from the PLC. If this is the case and it is not programable, you can just multiply (or divide depending on direction) your exisiting N registers by 1000 and place the result in a L register.

Regards,

Last edited:
Thanks for checking up on me Dan. I been working on this panel. When I'm on that LAN I loose my office LAN and internet.

I now see where I can create the L data files and have done so. I also see that that file will accept a larger value than 32767 so I hope I'm in business.

I'm going to break for food then hit this again. Maybe with a clear head this may solve that issue. I'll ppost back the result. Hopefully you can check in again today just to see if I get stuck again. Thanks for all your help.

Thanks Dan.

I made the changes you suggested with the L regisiters. It still would not work. Once I finally looked into what your unit was doing, I realized (along with all the information you provided)I was writting and reading to the same "L" address in the PLC. I set it up as attached and it works great.

You really saved me on this. I saved at least 5K with your fix. Thanks again.