Reading X-Ray data

azad

Hi every one,(y)

I have to write ladder routines to obtain X_ray intensity data BCD to HMI PC,storing in FIFO, converting to decimal, display results of analyzing samples on HMI computer.

any help any idea is appreciated.
Thanks

azad sarchnary

well the first thing you need to decide on is what processor Hmi you are using then let us know which area your having problems with. Most X-ray machines use I've worked on use a PLC to control the hardware only. They use a touchscreen that has full PC capabilities to handle the mathematics and several other aspects such as calibrating the X-ray diodes to the product. Setting areas to be ignored Ie bone in meat products. The high KV levels will also have to be reduced to a level that the analog input card can handle but that will probably be handled by the diode array. One deciding factor is what size of diode array are you using? the most common I've worked on are 32 diode often referred to as 32 pixel or 32 bit. Needless to say were going to need a better description of your hardware and application as well as what portion of your project you ned a hand on. I would also recommend you refresh your understanding of X-ray regulations such as the requirement for X-ray leakage tests, safety markings, the need for a red Led to indicate X-rays off (wired as part of the safety circuit) this means that if the Red lamp does not work do not allow the machine to turn on.
Depending on what type and application the x-ray is being used for the requlations change. Ie Medical and industrial X-rays are more stringent than cabinet style. This is also a factor of the operating KV levels.