Encoder Omron R88M-H50030 Servo Motor

emunoz

Good Morning:

Our company as a Miic Tube bender, dated 1991, which has several Omron Servo Motors. One of these, a R88M-H50030, 500 watt unit has a damaged encoder. The encoder has a number on it, R2B20Z019.

We have contacted Miic America, they say that the motor is obsolete, Omron US says that they did not sell these motors individually.

We asked Miic for a replacement and they say that it would require to adapt a another motor and change the Servo drive.

Does anybody have an idea where I can get an encoder for this unit ? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards,

emunoz

Good Morning:

Our company as a Miic Tube bender, dated 1991, which has several Omron Servo Motors. One of these, a R88M-H50030, 500 watt unit has a damaged encoder. The encoder has a number on it, R2B20Z019.

We have contacted Miic America, they say that the motor is obsolete, Omron US says that they did not sell these motors individually.

We asked Miic for a replacement and they say that it would require to adapt a another motor and change the Servo drive.

Does anybody have an idea where I can get an encoder for this unit ? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards,

emunoz

Pictures attached

Foto 349.jpeg Foto 351.jpeg Foto 352.jpeg

We sent the Motor to a repair shop in US, where they determined that the encoder could not be repaired. Fortunately they found a used motor in E-bay, and they will use it to repair our motor.

Are there different alternatives to E-bay when buying used or obsolete parts for Servo Motors and PLC's ?

Good Afternoon:

We received the repaired Omron Motor, but now we are getting a "Er Ed" error code from the HS 22 Omron Servo Driver, which is not listed in the HS 22 manual.

Any suggestions ?

Foto 382.jpeg