Crimson 3.0 pop ups

bkottaras

I'm using Crimson 3.0 and I'm surprised by its firepower.
I work on setting up an app for a G306K.
What I've noticed so far 9simulator only, will get the hardware next week) is that the Pop Ups (Protected action) aren't showing the entire text.
Is this norm or do I miss anything?
For a protected action pop Up I only get to see the following text
"u Want To Unlock This action?"
What happened to the "Do Yo" part??
The security Manager Pop Up, same deal.
Following text is showing:
"ase Log-On to security System".
I'm missing text on all of them and it is always the first characters mising whatever the Pop up is.
AmI missing something simple here such as a global setting of sorts???

Mike, if you take a stub at this, another question for you.
Do you have a driver for the ACS motion controllers?
I will be using their unit on this project and have to talk to them via the G306K.
They can do Ethernet/IP (firmware is about to be released) so it may be easy but worse case I can add a card to the 306 (CAN open). Modbus TCP/IP is also an option.

Thanks in advance.

Looks like the font logic is screwed up. It didn't ought to be using that large a font on a G306K, as it results in the prompt not fitting. I'll have someone look at it. Re the drivers, Dan would probably know better than I on that one.

Looks like the font logic is screwed up. It didn't ought to be using that large a font on a G306K, as it results in the prompt not fitting. I'll have someone look at it. Re the drivers, Dan would probably know better than I on that one.

Thanks Mike.

At least it wasn't me (this time anyways)!!!
New build any time soon to correct the font issue?

As far as the drivers go, no need for a week or so but it would be nice to know which way I need to go so I can dosome up front set up.

I'll wait for Dan to jump in.

We do not have any ACS specific drivers, but if Modbus is an option, that is the route I would take.

As far as Ethernet/IP we can only act as a slave, so unless the ACS can be the master, that won't work for you.

Regards,
Dan

We do not have any ACS specific drivers, but if Modbus is an option, that is the route I would take.

As far as Ethernet/IP we can only act as a slave, so unless the ACS can be the master, that won't work for you.

Regards,
Dan
Dan,

more good news for me today I guess.

I was told that the controller (ACS) can be the master.So far so good.
I've already found the G306 driver as an Ethernet/IP slave.
i'm using it for "Dummy" mapping of tags.

CAN open is also a native protocol for the ACS. I assume it may be easier to go down that route if Ethernet/IP becomes an issue
at any point for any reason.
As a last resort, Modbus will work just fine.

Thank You both.

Last edited:
No expansion cards on Kadets, so CAN isn't an option.
Yikes!!
Oh well, I haven't lost faith.
I'll play with Ethernet/IP when I get the hardware inrandrwill post if I have issues.I guess it is goodrto know that Modbus TCP/IP is supported by bothrunits.

Thanks Mike.

Keep us posted on whento xpect the new build.

Just installed 208.
Same issue with the pop up window fonts.
I'm missing text on most of them.
Guess 209 will have it corrected, i can deal with it for now.
I'm still in development mode.

Sorry if I am hijacking your thread bkottaras I just wanted to ask a Red lion question hopefully MikeGranby can help. I see you have a opc server can this access a SQL database? or would one require a SCADA to be the front end and access the SQL and your OPC. Suppose I am really asking if you do a red lion SCADA - only interested in talking to your HMI's & a database.

We cannot access a database directly, but I believe we have a few customers who are using plug-ins in their database software for this. I believe the one plug-in is call Data Hub, and I woudl not be suprised if Matrikon offered one as well.

Regards,
Dan