WW Intouch Math/Script

Duranthas

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, I'm trying to figure something out here and so far am having a bit of trouble at it. I have a SLC 5/04 that I'm reading integer values from but am now wanting to do some calculations with these numbers. I would like to add something simple like a button to click that will calculate a series of numbers. Now, my problem is that if I read the number and make a script that basically says when the PB is pressed to add a few numbers and place value in X, what can I use for X instead of an unused integer bit? If I'm reading the user guide correctly I can't change the value of a Memory tag, so is there a way around this?

Thanks
Duranthas

Of course you can write to a memory tag. Just make sure it's configured for Read Write instead of Read only.

You might also want to look into the data change scripts to make the calculation happen each time the integer value changes (ie, no button)

Thanks for the info guys. I'm honestly totally confused right now because I could have sworn that I had previously tried making a Memory Real tag but the Read and Read/Write button was grayed out and was stuck on Read. I must have gotten it mixed :oops: because now when I create one it's grayed, but it's stuck on Read/Write, which works for me. Anywho, thanks for correcting me because I started going off totally in the wrong direction.

That must have been it because I have viewer set as "impossible to close" so the red X in the top right is grayed out. Being in an industrial environment the mouse gets wonky with the coolant mist and all so the guys accidentally close it which then clears the alarm history.

Thanks for your time and knowledge :)